Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/npcourie/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 383
The network announced the suspension Thursday, a day after Parker apologized for comments he made during a Dec. 13 episode of "First Take".
Posting to Twitter, Parker said, "I blew it and I'm sincerely sorry. I completely understand how the issue of race in sports is a sensitive one and needs to be handled with great care."
Parker, who is Black, was discussing Griffin's role as an African-American quarterback when he noted that Griffin has a White fiancé and is rumored to be a Republican.
Among his comments, Parker said, "Is he a brother or a cornball brother?"
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Courier, Urban League and Pitt CTSI sponsor community health forum (1)
- The end of America’s dominance (1)
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)