- Lifestyles Report...Big brother IS watching - 2013-06-20
- Champion Enterprises and Five Star Corp. celebration women at community luncheon - 2013-06-19
- Fashion Watch: The man behind Cicely Tyson’s dress - 2013-06-14
- Lifestyles Report...A new queen is christened on Clipper Fleet - 2013-06-13
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont - 2013-06-13
Is it well stocked for the all of the parties that you will be attending this season? You know it isn’t fashionable to show up empty handed. Before you put on that fierce little black dress or your fabulous Boho chic ensemble, grab something for the host or hostess.
My collection for this year consists of books, candles, ornaments, bottles of wine and spirits and picture frames. No this is not a drawer full of items that I’m re-gifting, all of these items were purchased to give as gifts when I visit someone or when they visit me.
Don’t you just love that beautifully wrapped surprise gift?
You know it is truly fashionable, yes fashionable to be able to bake or prepare something for the party. If you haven’t been asked to bring something it is best to bring something very neutral like cookies or maybe a box of candy, something all guests can share.
I can’t leave you without talking about real fashion for the holidays. When you are invited to a party it doesn’t hurt to ask what the attire is. It is no fun to be over dressed or under dressed and have all eyes on you for the wrong reason. The holiday season for some is the only time people dress up. So grab the gift get dressed and have a ball.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Cheerios ad with multiracial family prompts racist outcry (8)
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)