- 'Britain's Obama' urges ties with West Africa - 2013-05-20
- 'Scandal' cast performs finale live for Academy - 2013-05-20
- Bills promote Pittsburgh native and former Steelers' exec Whaley to GM - 2013-05-20
- Miss. mayoral candidate: Radical or mainstream? - 2013-05-20
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs - 2013-05-20
AP Music Writer
NEW YORK (AP) — Alicia Keys recently chopped off most of her hair, and the singer is looking to go even shorter.
The R&B superstar debuted her bob hairdo this summer. In a recent interview, Keys said she wants to go "even shorter."
When asked if she would shave her head, the 31-year-old replied: "I'm thinking about something like that. I'm telling you. I'm going there. I'm doing it."
The Grammy-winning Keys arrived on the music scene in 2001 with braids, and she has mostly worn her hair long. She says with her new cut, she's able to do more with her hair.
If she shaves her head, she'll follow a list of celebrities including Natalie Portman, India.Arie, Chrisette Michelle and Kellie Pickler.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding (2)
- Fifth annual National Achievers Society inductions (2)
- Breast cancer survivor group targets young Black women (1)
- Wes Moore replaces Dr. Ben Carson as Johns Hopkins commencement speaker (3)
- Record Powerball jackpot inspires office pools (2)