- Pittsburgh zoo unveils new tiger cub to public - 2013-05-17
- Farrakhan to Detroit: Investment needed in city - 2013-05-17
- NAACP board honors Evers' memory in Miss. - 2013-05-17
- Former Saints, Chargers RB Chuck Muncie dead at 60 - 2013-05-16
- Arrests in New Orleans Mother's Day parade shootings cheered - 2013-05-16
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A spokeswoman for Michael Jackson's father says the musical family's patriarch has suffered a mild stroke.
Angel Howansky says Joe Jackson went to a Las Vegas hospital late Wednesday night when he had trouble standing up and walking. She says the 83-year-old Jackson was having pains in his head but reports he is feeling fine Thursday and should be released on Friday.
|HOSPITALIZED--In this Sept. 3, 2009 file photo, Michael Jackson's father Joe Jackson leaves the family residence in the Encino section of Los Angeles for his son's funeral. (AP Photo/Nick Ut, File)
She says he called a friend who drove him to the hospital.
Jackson's wife, Katherine, is reportedly on her way to Las Vegas to be with him. Jackson has maintained a residence there for many years while his wife lives in Los Angeles, where she cares for the late pop star's children.
Howansky says Jackson has had small strokes at least twice before this.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)
- Cleveland’s Charles Ramsey—hood or hero? (2)
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community (1)