- Rehabilitation or Demolition: Which Path for Homewood and Hill District Community Development? - 2013-05-25
- Share your money before you die - 2013-05-23
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete - 2013-05-23
- This Week In Black History 5-22-13 - 2013-05-23
- Editorial...Justice served in Philly abortion doctor verdict - 2013-05-23
Business for Breakfast
Brown Bag Lunch
NOV. 15—Pittsburgh Gateway Corporation will host Jessica Lee’s Entrepreneurial Thursdays Jazz and Blues Networking from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Little E’s, 949 Liberty Ave., and Cultural District. Every Thursday jazz and R&B vocalist Jessica Lee, along with some of Pittsburgh’s finest musical artists, will host an evening of good music and professional networking. This week’s theme will be “Keeping it Local.” The cost is $5 and the attire is business casual. For more information, visit www.jessicaleesong.com.
Business Basics Workshops
The Second Step
NOV. 17— The Institute of Entrepreneurial Excellence at the University of Pittsburgh’s Make It Happen Urban Entrepreneurship in Pittsburgh Program will host “The Second Step: Developing a Business Plan” from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at the Homewood-Brushton YMCA, 7140 Bennett St., Homewood. Individuals will learn about operational and production planning, conducting market research, creating financial spreadsheets and more. Registration is required, the cost is $25 and a continental breakfast will be served. For more information, call 412-648-1389 or visit www.makeithappenpgh.org.
Beyond Financial Wealth
NOV. 29—The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh will host their Business Program Series at 12:15 p.m. at the Downtown & Business branch, 612 Smithfield St. The topic will be “Tricks of the Trade: Outsmarting Investment Fraud.” The FINRA Investor Education Foundation will present a documentary exploring the riskof investment fraud. There will be interviews with victims, securities regulators and fraud investigators to give information that will help identify the tactics fraudsters use and steps to take before making investment decisions. For more information, call 412-281-7141.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- No Surprise: Some foaming at mouth for Obama impeachment (3)
- My View: Kindergarten redshirting different for each child (1)
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)