- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
The African American Heritage Parade 25th Anniversary Free Job & Opportunity Fair was hosted by Mayor Luke Ravenstahl at the August Wilson Center for African American Culture.
With lead sponsor, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, some of the other exhibiting employers included Rivers Casino, Cricket Communications, UPMC, Dollar Bank, Pa. State Police, CCAC, the YMCA, MARC USA, Gateway Health Plans, AXA Advisors, and of course the City of Pittsburgh.
|Siatta Dennis, a community engagement associate for Pittsburgh, and Olivia Benson, a youth police manager at the mayor’s office, give employment information to Twanda Washington. (Photos by J.L. Martello)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)
- Cleveland’s Charles Ramsey—hood or hero? (2)
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community (1)