- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
|STILT WALKERS—Stilt walkers with African drummers march around the church.
UAC is an umbrella organization for all African Communities in Southwestern Pennsylvania. The union is constituted by leadership/representatives from 40 plus African Countries/communities represented and living in this region. In an effort to foster unity, empowerment, linkages and improve the quality of life of Africans in the area through acting upon the needs, concerns, challenges, and opportunities.
The Pittsburgh African Diversity Festival is a community driven initiative that started in 2009 as an annual event to create opportunities for new immigrant communities living in Pittsburgh and its environs to share their cultures and traditions and to interact with the larger Pittsburgh community. “This event brings everyone together, helping to reduce ethnic tensions, foster unity and tolerance, and promote Pittsburgh’s diversity,” said Benedict Killang, president of the UAC.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!