This week I visited Kelly’s Bar in East Liberty, Tim’s Bar in the Hill District, Shadow Lounge in East Liberty and the North Side Elks Lodge in the Hill District.
My first stop was at Tim’s Bar in the Hill District, where Gwenny Starr celebrated her birthday with family and friends.
|Birthday man Stephan Broadus, of the New Pittsburgh Courier, and the gang at Kelly’s Bar in East Liberty.
My next stop was at the Shadow Lounge in East Liberty, where my boy Mike held a reggae event and it was off the chain. Everyone came out to listen to great music and get their party on.
My next stop was at the North side Elks Lodge in the Hill District, where a cabaret was held featuring people from Detroit, Mich., who came in for their “Party on the Run” event.
My final destination was at Kelly’s Bar in East Liberty, where the one and only Stephan Broadus, of the New Pittsburgh Courier, celebrated his birthday in grand style with friends and great soul music.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete (2)
- Sergio Garcia will pay dearly for Tiger remarks (1)
- Detroit's emergency manager takes on critics in candid interview about city’s future (1)
- High court poised to upend civil rights policies (1)
- Butler: What Obama must say to African-American grads (2)