- Heritage, Symphony partner to provide classical music experience to Braddock children - 2013-06-19
- Conflicting opinions opens affirmative action in med school admissions debate - 2013-06-19
- This Week In Black History - 2013-06-19
- CeeLo and Goodie Mob introduce 'Elevate Young Black Voices' contest winners at finale concert - 2013-06-19
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
SEPT. 22—Bethel AME Church in Monongahela, Pa., will host a Voter ID & Voter Registration Seminar at 12 p.m. at 715 Chess St., Monongahela, Pa. A representative from the Washington County Board of Elections will facilitate the seminar and answer any questions about the requirements for the November election. For more information, call 724-258-6491.
Domestic Violence Training
Domestic Violence DocuDrama
SEPT. 26—The Community Empowerment Association will host the Section 3 Informational Community Meeting from 6-8 p.m. at 7120 Kelly St., Homewood. This is the first in a series of meetings on creating jobs and training economic opportunities. For more information, call 412-371-3689 ext. 33 or visit www.ceapittsburgh.org.
SEPT. 27—Passavant Hospital Foundation will host its 2012 Diabetes Symposium from 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Passavant Hospital Foundation Conference Center & Legacy Theater, 9100 Babcock Blvd., Pittsburgh. There will be lectures, free screenings, a resource fair, experts and a keynote address by Kendall Simmons, a former Pittsburgh Steeler and diabetic. He will discuss raising awareness. Registration is required. For more information, call 412-367-6640 or visit www.passavanthospitalfoundation.org.
SEPT. 29—The Penn Hills YMCA will host its New Karate Kid Classes from 10-10:45 a.m. at 11817 Frankstown Rd., Penn Hills. This 10-week course for boys and girls ages 4-7 is designed specially for beginners and is taught by Master Mike Matzko. Registration is required. For more information, call 412-795-2600.
OCT. 5—The Wilkinsburg Community Development Corporation will host the 125th Anniversary Celebration of Wilkinsburg. The celebration will include a community reception on Oct. 5 from 6-10 p.m. at Hosanna House; a community parade on Oct. 6 at 11 a.m. at 1230 Park Ave.; a Gala on Oct. 6 from 7-11 p.m. at the Doubletree Hotel in Monroeville; and an Ecumenical Community Worship Service on Oct. 7 at 4 p.m. at Wilkinsburg High School. All are encouraged to attend. For more information, call Ian Faight at 412-323-9320.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)