- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
- New Pittsburgh Courier to honor 50 Women of Excellence June 20 - 2013-06-15
- Riverhounds extend unbeaten streak to eight, draw 1-1 with defending USL PRO Champs - 2013-06-15
|TRANSITION—Trumpeter Sean Jones took the helm as artistic director of the Pittsburgh Jazz Orchestra Oct. 8 at the August Wilson Center for African American Culture. A resident company of the August Wilson Center. PJO’s 16 musicians performed pieces highlighting the genre that fed August Wilson’s soul. Featured guest performers included Pittsburgh jazz greats Roger Humphries, Nelson Harrison and Nathan Davis. The evening featured a tribute to Davis, PJO founder. Shown above are from left; Alton Merrel on piano, Paul Chambers on bass, Jacob Yoffee on saxophone and Sean Jones on trumpet. The quartet performed at the event.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (3)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)
- This Father's Day we celebrate the legacy of TV dads (1)
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity' (1)