- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
Moss Side Elementary School will now be named the Dr. Cleveland Steward Jr. Elementary School.
Cleveland Steward Jr.
“I am overwhelmed, but at the same time very appreciative of the gesture by the board of school directors,” Steward said. “I’ve focused my career on doing what is right for students and it is nice to see that it has not gone unnoticed.”
The school has been newly renovated and will include new teachers and administration. Along with the name change, will be six new classrooms, the remodeling of existing classrooms and upgraded HVAC and electric systems.
Prior to becoming superintendent of the Gateway School District in 2001, he was assistant superintendent of the district, principal of Moss Side Elementary and principal of Woodland Hills School District.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Courier, Urban League and Pitt CTSI sponsor community health forum (1)
- The end of America’s dominance (1)
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)