- Conyers hits Farrakhan 'racist, anti-Semitic' talk - 2013-05-24
- Thunder star Kevin Durant makes $1M tornado pledge - 2013-05-23
- Doctors save Ohio boy by 'printing' an airway tube - 2013-05-23
- Embattled Toronto mayor fires chief of staff - 2013-05-23
- Sergio Garcia will pay dearly for Tiger remarks - 2013-05-23
AP Music Writer
NEW YORK (AP)—Alicia Keys is in a motherhood state of mind: She’s pregnant with her first child.
The Grammy Award-winning R&B singer has been dating producer Swizz Beatz, who has written hits for Beyonce, Jay-Z and others. They’re engaged to be married at a private ceremony later this year.
|ENGAGED—In this March 15 photo, recording artist Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz attend Niche Media’s annual Gotham Gala in New York.
Representatives for the couple confirmed the news May 27.
Keys last year teamed up with Jay-Z for a hit song about New York called “Empire State of Mind.” She’s among a string of international artists slated to perform at a June 10 concert to mark the start of the World Cup soccer tournament in South Africa.
Beatz has been married before and has two sons.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!