- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
AIDS activist Clifton Lee Maxwell 59 of Clairton died Jan. 9 at his home in Wilkinsburg. He was born March 6, 1950 in McKeesport and was a 1968 graduate of Clairton High School. He served on the board of directors of the Southwestern Pennsylvania AIDS Planning Coalition and was the chairman of the corrections committee.
CLIFTON LEE MAXWELL
Also he was awarded the James E. Dixon Humanitarian Award for HIV Prevention. He was a former member of the State Planning Committee in Harrisburg. He also was co-owner of Jus Us in Clairton. He was a Navy veteran who served in the Vietnam war.
Father of Monty Maxwell (Jasmine of California) Clifton Meade of McKeesport: grandfather of Taylor, Cheyenne, Hailey, and Marcellus of California, an Clifton Thompson (C.J) of Clairton. He is survived by mother, Mary Maxwell, and sister Cheryl Brooks Hurt of Clairton, friends.
Viewing was at Robert A. Waters Funeral Home, Clairton and funeral services were held Jan. 16 at Morning Star Baptist Church in Clairton where Rev. Jerome Stevenson officiated.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!