- Rehabilitation or Demolition: Which Path for Homewood and Hill District Community Development? - 2013-05-25
- Share your money before you die - 2013-05-23
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete - 2013-05-23
- This Week In Black History 5-22-13 - 2013-05-23
- Editorial...Justice served in Philly abortion doctor verdict - 2013-05-23
JAN. 5—The Comfort Inn & Conference Center will host “Comfort Zone Networking Lunch” from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at 699 Rodi Rd., Penn Hills. This is a networking opportunity with lunch. Reservations are requested by Jan. 4. The cost is $10. For more information, call Sharon Pranis at 412-349-1622.
JAN. 6—The YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh will host their Financial Empowerment Series from 6:30-8 p.m. at the YWCA Homewood-Brushton location, 6907 Frankstown Rd., Homewood. Every Wednesday from now through Jan. 27, this interactive series of four workshops is designed to correct unhealthy financial habits and help consumers gain control of their financial lives. The workshop will cover various topics such as, Making the Commitment—Budgeting; Using Banks and Credit Unions; Credit and Credit Repair; and Saving and Investing. There will be free parking, child care and a copy of your credit report. Registration is required. The cost is $6 per workshop or $20 for the entire series if paid before Jan. 5. For more information, call the YWCA Asset Development Initiative at 412-255-6749.
JAN. 7—The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh will host their Business Program Series from 12:15-1 p.m. at the Downtown & Business branch, 612 Smithfield St. The topic is “Your Legal Rights in the Workplace.” Nicole Scialabba, Esq., employment project coordinator for Neighborhood Legal Services Association will be the presenter and will inform employees about their legal rights when dealing with pre-employment, current employment and post-employment issues. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 412-281-7141.
JAN. 7—Jessica Lee will host “Entrepreneurial Thursdays” from 5:30-8 p.m. at Little E’s, 949 Liberty Ave., Downtown. This is a professional networking event with live jazz/R&B music. There is a $10 cover charge with a full bar and dinner selections. Business casual is the attire. No jeans or tennis shoes. For more information, call Sandy Marshall at 412-802-6780 or visit www.jessicaleesong.com.
Small business workshop
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- No Surprise: Some foaming at mouth for Obama impeachment (3)
- My View: Kindergarten redshirting different for each child (1)
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)