- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
Bidwell Training Center, a subsidiary of Manchester Bidwell Corp., held its annual graduation celebration and reception last month at Rodef Shalom Congregation. The Hon. Dwight Evans was the graduation speaker. This year, as a part of Bidwell’s graduation celebration, Bidwell Training Center honored Jack Forsythe, recipient of the third annual Fabric of The Community Award. The award showcases the extraordinary accomplishments of an individual who has made significant and consistent contributions to the career training industry.
GRADUATES WITH STAFF WITH DWIGHT EVANS
Graduates from Bidwell are currently working in training related fields throughout the region. Bidwell’s annual graduation ceremony is a celebration of success and hope for approximately 167 students who have successfully completed career training or G.E.D. preparation.
Students graduated from the following diploma programs: Culinary Arts, Office Technology, Horticulture Technology, Medical Coder, Medical Claims Processor, Health Unit Coordinator, and Pharmacy Technician. Recognition was given to associate degree graduates from the Chemical Laboratory Technician Program and individuals who completed their GED.
Successful partnerships between government, industry and community-based organizations result in a win-win situation for everyone involved. Corporations get qualified workers; the government receives tax dollars from workers rather than dole out money to support unemployed adults; and community residents are trained to fill job openings that actually exist. Government and industry truly get a return on their investment.
For more than 40 years, Bidwell Training Center, Inc. has attracted national recognition for its innovative and career-oriented training. Programs feature strong partnerships with Pittsburgh’s premiere corporations, agencies and organizations. Bidwell is an accredited post-secondary training institution that offers short-term accelerated programs. Training is geared toward equipping students with the necessary skills for employment in today’s ever-changing marketplace. Bidwell changes lives through educational and career opportunities for people in transition in southwestern Pennsylvania. We respond to the needs of students and employers by eliminating road blocks to success, encouraging life-long learning, and designing market-relevant training programs. Bill Strickland Jr, is the president and CEO of Manchester Bidwell Corp.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)