- Rehabilitation or Demolition: Which Path for Homewood and Hill District Community Development? - 2013-05-25
- Share your money before you die - 2013-05-23
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete - 2013-05-23
- This Week In Black History 5-22-13 - 2013-05-23
- Editorial...Justice served in Philly abortion doctor verdict - 2013-05-23
The Pittsburgh Chapter of Links implemented the national Links effort: Project Walking Fete to provide healthy living speakers and sponsor a poster contest to area students.
They worked with the Urban League Charter School and the Neighborhood Academy during the month of March. Speakers addressed the students at their schools and the poster contest encouraged kids to create visual representations of healthy living through walking or other physical activity.
WINNERS FROM BOTH SCHOOLS
|LINKS—The Pittsburgh Chapter of Links committee.
The posters went on display at the August Wilson Center beginning April 5 and the winners was honored in a ceremony at the AWC April 11.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)