- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
The Children’s Sickle Cell Foundation Inc. hosted a “Dazzle In Denim” event at the Pittsburgh Athletic Association in Oakland. The event promoted awareness of sickle cell disease and the sickle cell trait. This was an evening of awareness, entertainment and included a silent auction. The attire was “Denim Chic” and the honorary chairperson was Pittsburgh Steeler Ryan Clark and his wife, Yonka. Several Steelers, including Troy Polamalu, came out in support of the fundraiser. The cost was $100 per person.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!