- Molly Ringwald rediscovers her jazz roots - 2013-06-18
- Dave Chappelle to headline monthlong comedy tour - 2013-06-18
- Soul singer Sharon Jones diagnosed with bile duct cancer - 2013-06-17
- Washington Pa. shopper killed while chasing bank robber - 2013-06-17
- Jay-Z announces new album with Samsung deal - 2013-06-17
ESPN suspends Rob Parker for RG3 comments
Created on Friday, 21 December 2012 09:50 Last Updated on Friday, 28 December 2012 08:59 Published on Friday, 21 December 2012 09:50 Written by Associated Press Hits: 945
The network announced the suspension Thursday, a day after Parker apologized for comments he made during a Dec. 13 episode of "First Take".
Posting to Twitter, Parker said, "I blew it and I'm sincerely sorry. I completely understand how the issue of race in sports is a sensitive one and needs to be handled with great care."
Parker, who is Black, was discussing Griffin's role as an African-American quarterback when he noted that Griffin has a White fiancé and is rumored to be a Republican.
Among his comments, Parker said, "Is he a brother or a cornball brother?"
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)
- This Father's Day we celebrate the legacy of TV dads (1)
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity' (1)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (1)