- Jordan finally front and center in 'Fruitvale' - 2013-05-18
- Mourners gather to remember Malcolm X's grandson - 2013-05-18
- Despite controversies, Obama agenda marches on - 2013-05-18
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot - 2013-05-18
- Pittsburgh zoo unveils new tiger cub to public - 2013-05-17
FPA proposes revisions to Rooney Rule
Created on Thursday, 31 January 2013 09:23 Last Updated on Thursday, 31 January 2013 09:23 Published on Thursday, 31 January 2013 09:23 Written by Associated Press Hits: 397
Page 2 of 2
The alliance also proposed a reinstatement of the league's front office and coaching symposia to train coaches and front office personnel for future opportunities.
There's never been a minority team president.
"That's very important now because the president is very much involved in the selection process," Wooten said.
The Rooney Rule was implemented in 2003 and named after Pittsburgh Steelers chairman Dan Rooney, who pushed for it. Before the diversity rule, there had only been six minority head coaches in the NFL in more than 80 years. Since then, 12 have been hired.
The Fritz Pollard Alliance is a group of minority coaches, front office and scouting personnel established 10 years ago.
- << Prev
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Courier, Urban League and Pitt CTSI sponsor community health forum (1)
- The end of America’s dominance (1)
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)