- Rehabilitation or Demolition: Which Path for Homewood and Hill District Community Development? - 2013-05-25
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' - 2013-05-24
- Clairton residents fight to keep lone bank open - 2013-05-24
- The Rooney Rule…will it work in Pittsburgh? - 2013-05-23
- Metro Briefs: Man shot dead in alleged heroin deal - 2013-05-19
Page 3 of 3
And why is the media demanding Chief Harper step down, even though he hasn’t been charged with anything?
Well, I haven’t been one of Mayor Luke Ravenstahl supporters but he has gained my respect in telling the media, and his opponents that he’s going to stick by the man he appointed back in 2006 by stating:
“Until I am told otherwise or until we are made aware of the fact that something was done illegal, I don’t plan to make any changes. I don’t believe that at this point we’d be justified in doing that and the chief has given me no reason to believe that he’s not capable of continuing to do his job. The game changes if an indictment were to come down,” said Ravenstahl.
Right on, Mr. Mayor.
(Ulish Carter is the managing editor of the New Pittsburgh Courier.)
- << Prev
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!