- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
Created on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 10:18 Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 10:20 Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 10:18 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 431
Page 1 of 2
All Night Prayer Service
JAN. 25—Brown Chapel AME Church, 1400 Boyle St., North Side, will host an All Night Prayer Service at 7 p.m. This is part of the Moving Forward: Power Month 2013 series. For more information, call 412-321-2240.
JAN. 26—Morning Star Baptist Church, 812 Oak St., West Mifflin, will host a Stewardship Seminar at 9 a.m. The theme will be “Going from Welfare to God-fare” and the seminar will be facilitated by Rev. Barbara Gunn of Mount Carmel Baptist Church in North Versailles. This workshop is to encourage and remind the Body of Christ of the responsibility to obey God in one’s stewardship. Registration is requested and the cost is $5. For more information, call 412-461-7861.
JAN. 27—Brown Chapel AME Church, 1400 Boyle St., North Side, will host its Moving Forward: Power Month 2013 event from 9:30-10 a.m. Every Sunday morning in January the church will hold a powerful faith building series that includes devotions and special music. For more information, call 412-321-2240.
MLK Scholarship Program
JAN. 27—The Allegheny Valley Association of Churches and the Alle-Kiski Chapter of the NAACP will host the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Program at 3 p. m. at the Faith Lutheran Church, 1500 Broadview Blvd., Natrona Heights. The special guest will be Samuel Black of the Senator John Heinz History Center. For more information call Aarie at 724-224-2208.
JAN. 27—Carrone Baptist Church, 7119 Frankstown Ave., Homewood, will host their Pastoral Installation Service at 4 p.m. This will be the installation service of their Pastor Elect Rev. Alonzo Murphy Jr. There will be a morning service at 10:45 a.m., with dinner being served immediately following the service. For more information, call 412-371-9919.
Music In A
FEB. 1—Shadyside Presbyterian Church, 5121 Westminster Place, Shadyside, will host its Music in a Great Space Series at 8 p.m. The special guest will be the Pittsburgh Gospel Choir, a multi-age, multi-ethnic musical ensemble under the direction of Dr. Herbert Jones. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for seniors and students. For more information, call 412-682-4300 or visit www.shadysidepres.org.
- Next >>
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)