- Fashion Watch: The man behind Cicely Tyson’s dress - 2013-06-14
- Lifestyles Report...A new queen is christened on Clipper Fleet - 2013-06-13
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont - 2013-06-13
- Fashion Watch has eyes on June Ambrose - 2013-06-07
- Three Rivers Youth hosts 'The Grand Tour of Italy' - 2013-06-07
Fashion Watch: DIY Glamour Shoes
Created on Friday, 28 December 2012 09:46 Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 January 2013 12:28 Published on Friday, 28 December 2012 09:46 Written by Debbie Norrell - Courier Lifestyles Editor Hits: 1009
Needless to say Thrifty Tyra beat me to the punch so I have to give her all the credit. I thought this idea would be so great for someone like me who has trouble finding glamorous narrow shoes.
Now I know that I can find basic pumps and then glam them up. All you need is a cute pair of pumps, tape, and glitter spray paint!
First you will need to cover the portion of the shoe that you do not want to enhance. Make sure you use paper or tape that the paint will not soak through. Once you have covered the shoe spray paint the heel or toe or maybe create a design.
This is a project where you can really become creative, why not glue on jewels or shells perhaps feathers.
I always thought this would be a great project for a bride to be. Purchase that pair of white shoes and cover them with pearls or clear jewels.
And by the way add a glue gun to that “all you need” list and a pair of thin rubber gloves. You don’t want to ruin your manicure trying to create your new pair of shoes.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (3)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)
- This Father's Day we celebrate the legacy of TV dads (1)
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity' (1)