- PNC's Marsha Jones: Trailblazer of diversity in financial services - 2013-06-20
- Heritage, Symphony partner to provide classical music experience to Braddock children - 2013-06-19
- Conflicting opinions opens affirmative action in med school admissions debate - 2013-06-19
- This Week In Black History - 2013-06-19
- CeeLo and Goodie Mob introduce 'Elevate Young Black Voices' contest winners at finale concert - 2013-06-19
Mayor hosts Heritage Job Fair
Created on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 11:30 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 20:13 Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 11:30 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 635
The African American Heritage Parade 25th Anniversary Free Job & Opportunity Fair was hosted by Mayor Luke Ravenstahl at the August Wilson Center for African American Culture.
With lead sponsor, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, some of the other exhibiting employers included Rivers Casino, Cricket Communications, UPMC, Dollar Bank, Pa. State Police, CCAC, the YMCA, MARC USA, Gateway Health Plans, AXA Advisors, and of course the City of Pittsburgh.
|Siatta Dennis, a community engagement associate for Pittsburgh, and Olivia Benson, a youth police manager at the mayor’s office, give employment information to Twanda Washington. (Photos by J.L. Martello)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)