- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
Created on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 11:28 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 20:13 Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 11:28 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 540
NOV. 7—The Sister-to-Sister Women’s Ministry of New Bethel Baptist Church, 221 43rd St., Pittsburgh, will host the Saved and Serving Sisters women’s conference at 7 p.m. This four-day event will include a roundtable and guest speakers Rev. Earlene Coleman, Rev. Barbara Gunn, Rev. Brenda Gregg and Rev. J. Wilson. There will also be a worship service on Nov. 11 with guests Rev. Debra Hearns and Pastor June Jeffries. For more information, call 412-621-2155.
NOV. 9—First Baptist Penn Hills, 7450 Chadwick St., Penn Hills, will host its 23rd Pastoral Anniversary Celebration at 7:30 p.m. This is the anniversary of Rev. James Hunt. The theme is “Celebrating God’s Gift, Our Pastor.” There will be a First Lady’s Night “Pittsburgh Sings” event with Danielle Smith and Min. Teresa Hunt as the mistresses of ceremonies. There will also be a worship celebration on Nov. 11 at 10:45 a.m. with guest speaker Min. Justin Hunt of Maryland. For more information, call 412-371-5335.
NOV. 10—The Gospel Music Workshop of America-Western Region Chapter of Pennsylvania will host a Tribute Concert to some of Pittsburgh’s Living Legends at 4 p.m. at Calvary Baptist Church, 2629 Wylie Ave., Hill District. The evening will honor local gospel legends-Eloise Alston, Joeann Briggs, Irene Davis, Gladys Holloway, Lula Hundley, Marion Payne, Juanita Praytor, Janie Stewart and Rev. Donald Washington. This will be an old time, foot-stomping, hand clapping gospel hour. For more information, call Cassandra Stanley at 412-271-0610.
NOV. 10—Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 250 N. Highland Ave., East Liberty, will host a performance by John Cannon at 7 p.m. Cannon, a Juliard alumnus, pianist and concert organist, will perform on the church’s historic Aeolian-Skinner organ. Proceeds from the event will aid the maintenance of the historic organ. The cost is $10. For more information, call 412-361-7788 or visit www.eastminsterchurch.net.
NOV. 11—Antioch Baptist Church, 332 Elizabeth St., Sewickley, will host its Youth Day at 10:45 a.m. The youth will be singing, rapping, dancing and worshipping Christ. The guest speaker will be Min. Tonette Whitted. There will be dinner served after the morning service. For more information, call 412-741-7688 or visit www.antiochfwbaptistsewickley.org.
NOV. 11—Lily Baptist Church, 318 Kirkpatrick St., Hill District, will host the “Faith and Fashion” Men of Faith Fashion Show at 3:30 p.m. The show will feature fashions men are wearing inside and outside of the church and will include musical selections by Min. Jason Washington. Tickets are $10, which will include a post show reception. For more information, call Kelley Hollis at 412-897-3338
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)