- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
- New Pittsburgh Courier to honor 50 Women of Excellence June 20 - 2013-06-15
- Riverhounds extend unbeaten streak to eight, draw 1-1 with defending USL PRO Champs - 2013-06-15
Created on Wednesday, 10 March 2010 09:38 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:20 Published on Wednesday, 10 March 2010 09:38 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 2266
MARCH 11—The State Women’s Department of the Second Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of Pennsylvania will host their Annual Spring State Breakfast at 9:30 a.m. at the Church in the Round, COGIC’s Saints Fellowship Hall, 845 Woodrow and Griffith streets, Aliquippa. The breakfast is for State Supervisor Vineda Martin. The theme is “Focusing Toward and Reaching The Goal.” Guest speaker will be Rev. Dr. Helen M. Burton of Ebenezer AME Church in Aliquippa. The Annual Coronation of Queen Esther will follow immediately at 1:30 p.m. For more information, call 412-608-2166 or 724-375-5528, ext. 133.
MARCH 12—The Women of New Jerusalem Holiness Church, 111 Auburn St., East Liberty, will host a Women’s Conference at 7 p.m. The theme is “Revive, Restore, Renew.” The conference will run through March 14 at various times. Registration is required. The cost is $25 and includes breakfast and lunch for the Saturday session. For more information, call 412-441-9495.
MARCH 12—The Allegheny Union Baptist Association Ministers’ Wives and Widows Ministry will host their 1st Biennial Banquet at the Embassy Suites Hotel, 550 Cherrington Parkway, Coraopolis. The theme is “Do All To The Glory of God.” The banquet will honor Church Custodians and Sunday School Superintendents and the guest speaker will be Rev. Nelson E. Staples III of Mt. Zion Baptist Church in West Virginia. Tickets are $35 for adults and $15 for children. Call Sis. Roxanne Hollins at 724-541-2587.
Family & friends day
MARCH 14—Rapha Ministries. 6942 Upland St., Homewood, will host their Family & Friends Day at 11:30 a.m. The guest speaker will be Elder C. Shawn Tyson. There will also be a service at 5 p.m. For more information, call Carla Lovelace at 412-482-0430 or 412-441-1938.
MARCH 14—The Brotherhood Ministry of Shiloh Community Missionary Baptist Church, 6940 Frankstown Ave., Homewood, will host their Brotherhood Tea at 4 p.m. For more information, call 412-441-8710.
MARCH 21—The Educational Board of Mount Olive Baptist Church, 330 Fourth St., Rankin, will host an International Holiday from 4-7 p.m. The speaker will be Rev. Montele A. Crawford. For more information, call 412-271-0303.
ONGOING—The Upper Room Pentecostal Holiness Ministry COGIC, 625 Wayne Ave., Ellwood City, will host a Clothing Distribution from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. The first and third Saturday of each month, the church will have a free clothing distribution for infants/toddlers, boys, girls and adults. There will also be an Easter Community Dinner April 11 from 1-3 p.m. For more information, call 724-891-2079 or visit www.aliquippacogicsaints.com.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)
- This Father's Day we celebrate the legacy of TV dads (1)
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity' (1)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (1)