- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
Created on Wednesday, 03 March 2010 09:28 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:20 Published on Wednesday, 03 March 2010 09:28 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 1383
Time of reflection
MARCH 3—First Baptist Penn Hills, 7450 Chadwick St., Penn Hills, will host “40 Days of Worship” at 7 p.m. This event is a time of reflection and preparation for Easter Sunday. The guest will be Pastor Robert Tedder of Union Baptist in Swissvale. For more information, call 412-371-5335.
MARCH 5—Church Women United will host a World Day of Prayer at 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Grace Memorial Presbyterian Church, 1000 Bryn Mawr Rd., Hill District. The women of Cameroon have written a service around the theme “Let Everything that has Breath Praise God.” Churches around the Hill District area will come together to worship. Lunch will be served immediately following the service. For more information, call Delores Rhodes at 412-242-7253.
MARCH 11—The State Women’s Department of the Second Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of Pennsylvania will host their Annual Spring State Breakfast at 9:30 a.m. at the Church in the Round, COGIC’s Saints Fellowship Hall, 845 Woodrow & Griffith St., Aliquippa. The breakfast is for State Supervisor Vineda Martin. The theme is “Focusing Toward and Reaching The Goal.” The guest speaker will be Rev. Dr. Helen M. Burton of Ebenezer AME Church in Aliquippa. The Annual Coronation of Queen Esther coronation will follow immediately at 1:30 p.m. For more information, call 412-608-2166 or 724-375-5528 ext. 133.
MARCH 12—The Women of New Jerusalem Holiness Church, 111 Auburn St., East Liberty, will host a Women’s Conference at 7 p.m. The theme is “Revive, Restore, Renew.” The conference will run through March 14 at various times. Registration is required. The cost is $25 and includes breakfast and lunch for the Saturday session. For more information, call 412-441-9495.
MARCH 14—The Brotherhood Ministry of Shiloh Community Missionary Baptist Church, 6940 Frankstown Ave., Homewood, will host their Brotherhood Tea at 4 p.m. For more information, call 412-441-8710.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Courier, Urban League and Pitt CTSI sponsor community health forum (1)
- The end of America’s dominance (1)
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)