- 'Fresh Prince' getting push from Kanye to make new music - 2013-05-26
- Binge eater loses 70 pounds and keeps it off - 2013-05-26
- Survey: Teens' enthusiasm for Facebook is waning - 2013-05-26
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch - 2013-05-25
- Michelle Obama and Kerry Washington promote arts education at D.C. school - 2013-05-25
First lady promotes fruits, vegetables, kickboxing
Created on Monday, 11 March 2013 18:38 Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 07:30 Published on Tuesday, 12 March 2013 07:00 Written by CNN Hits: 410
ROLE MODEL--First lady Michelle Obama exercises with children from Chicago Public Schools, in her hometown of Chicago, Thursday, Feb. 28.
(CNN) -- Michelle Obama may be the first first lady who can kick your butt.
In comments as part of a "Twitter Town Hall" she hosted Monday morning, the first lady said kickboxing is her favorite stress reliever. Of course, she also said children should be exercising 60 minutes a day and that they should steer clear of processed foods whenever possible.
Questions ranged from how to encourage healthy eating habits among children to what steps can be taken to combat negative body image among young adults.
The first lady emphasized serving fruits and vegetables at a young age is key to developing health eating habits and said it is important to "Focus on how kids feel, not how they look."
And what about Mrs. Obama's favorite winter recipe?
"I love turkey & veggie chili," she said.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)