- Fashion Watch: The man behind Cicely Tyson’s dress - 2013-06-14
- Lifestyles Report...A new queen is christened on Clipper Fleet - 2013-06-13
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont - 2013-06-13
- Fashion Watch has eyes on June Ambrose - 2013-06-07
- Three Rivers Youth hosts 'The Grand Tour of Italy' - 2013-06-07
Don’t sleep Real Husbands of Hollywood
Created on Thursday, 28 February 2013 10:24 Last Updated on Thursday, 28 February 2013 10:24 Published on Thursday, 28 February 2013 10:24 Written by Debbie Norrell - Courier Lifestyles Editor Hits: 915
Page 1 of 2
I’m always looking for a good sitcom and I have found it. “Real Husbands of Hollywood” on BET is laugh out loud funny. It is billed as the fakest reality show ever, as least they admit it is fake. Funny man Kevin Hart is the creator and executive producer and by the way I’m loving me some Kevin Hart. He is funny, smart, and cute and when you meet him in person he is friendly and open. I digress.
This is the best spoof of the Hollywood reality Housewives franchise that I have seen. Each man plays his self but you never see his wife. Most of them have a wife, according to Hart’s bio he was married but seems to be filing for divorce. He is enamored with the other guy’s wives who you rarely if at all see; you only hear about them or see their photos.
The cast list includes: Kevin Hart, J.B. Smoove (Shahidah) Robin Thicke (Paula Patton), Nick Cannon (Mariah Carey), Duane Martin (Tisha Campbell-Martin) and Boris Kodjoe (Nicole Ari Parker). There are always special guests like Trey Songz, Faison Love, Common, Nelly, Shaquille O’Neal and Jay Leno. Entertainment Weekly voted the show on its top ten list as number one.
I plan to own this series because I’m loving it just that much, I now look forward to Tuesday night television. Also on Tuesday night is the “Second Generation Wayans.” The laugh-at-our-pain comedy stars Craig and Damien Wayans, their real-life production partner, George O. Gore II, who played Damon Wayans’ son Michael on ABC’s “My Wife and Kids.” Despite Craig having writing credits on Scary Movie 2, Damien having directed the 2009 parody film Dance Flick, and both cousins having writing and directing credits for episodes of “My Wife and Kids,” Craig says the cousins still “have to pay dues every day,” as some industry insiders still dismiss their accomplishments as nepotism. But Damien insists, with a laugh, that “There is no nepotism in the fam! There are a lot of unfunny Wayans,” he says, considering that there are 10 siblings in Keenan’s generation alone, each with their own children. “If you can’t do the work (even on a family production), you don’t get the job.”
- Next >>
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)