- Champion Enterprises and Five Star Corp. celebration women at community luncheon - 2013-06-19
- Fashion Watch: The man behind Cicely Tyson’s dress - 2013-06-14
- Lifestyles Report...A new queen is christened on Clipper Fleet - 2013-06-13
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont - 2013-06-13
- Fashion Watch has eyes on June Ambrose - 2013-06-07
Created on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 10:07 Last Updated on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 10:07 Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 10:07 Written by Debbie Norrell - Courier Lifestyles Editor Hits: 357
IT WAS ALL ABOUT HIM (Photos by Debbie Norrell)
A show that was two years in the making came to life Jan. 13 at the Diesel Club Lounge on Pittsburgh’s South Side. Stylist LaMont Jones presented HIM, a runway revolution showcasing debonair men’s styles featuring all male models and a few females as accents.
For decades fashion shows have been dedicated to women with the men as accessories, HIM turned the tables and featured seven male models wearing clothing from Men’s Wearhouse, in Monroeville, and Roberta Weisburg Leathers. The beautiful pocket squares designed by Frederick LaMont were spotted in many of the jacket pockets. Guests noshed on a plentiful cookie buffet and bid on great auction items.
A portion of the proceeds benefited Amachi Pittsburgh, an award-winning agency with an exclusive focus on serving children of the incarcerated in Allegheny County. January was National Mentoring Month and Amachi Pittsburgh has proved that mentoring works. Anna Hollis, executive Director, Amachi Pittsburgh, pointed out that 59 percent of mentored youth improve their grades, 86 percent go on to higher education and mentored children are 46 percent less likely to get involved with drugs and alcohol.
Jones says to be on the lookout for HER this spring.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)