- Questions linger in shooting of NY college student - 2013-05-21
- Audra McDonald returns with new, personal CD - 2013-05-21
- Calif. doc gets 14 years for promising cancer cure - 2013-05-21
- Virginia GOP nominates conservative Black Minister for Lt. Gov. - 2013-05-21
- 'Britain's Obama' urges ties with West Africa - 2013-05-20
Bob Dylan predicts Obama 'in a landslide'
Created on Tuesday, 06 November 2012 09:57 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 20:13 Published on Tuesday, 06 November 2012 09:57 Written by Associated Press Hits: 478
MADISON, Wis. (AP)—Bob Dylan says he thinks President Barack Obama is going to win a landslide.
Dylan made the prediction Monday night midway through the song "Blowin' in the Wind" during a concert in the battleground state of Wisconsin.
|MEDAL OF FREEDOM HONOREE—In this May 29, photo, President Barack Obama stands with Bob Dylan before awarding Dylan the Medal of Freedom during a ceremony in the East Room of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak, File)
Dylan spoke to the Madison audience as he was wrapping up his concert that came just hours after Obama appeared at a morning rally in the same city with rocker Bruce Springsteen.
Dylan made his comments during his encore when he said, "We tried to play good tonight since the president was here today."
He went on to say he thinks Obama will prevail Tuesday.
Dylan says, "Don't believe the media. I think it's going to be a landslide."
After his comments, Dylan completed the song to the roar of the crowd.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!