- Man pleads not guilty in NYC hate-crime shooting - 2013-06-19
- With Samsung, Jay-Z's business continues to boom - 2013-06-19
- Lopez makes debut as Playboy Jazz Festival host replacing Cosby - 2013-06-18
- Major League Baseball Standings - 2013-06-18
- Metro Briefs: Dowd resigning from City Coucil to join nonprofit - 2013-06-18
Jackson 5 exhibit opens at Detroit museum
Created on Wednesday, 07 July 2010 10:39 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:28 Published on Wednesday, 07 July 2010 10:39 Written by Associated Press Hits: 980
DETROIT (AP)—A Jackson 5 exhibit is now on view at the Motown Historical Museum in Detroit, marking the one-year anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death.
Photographs, awards and costumes are all on display in the show, which opened June 29.
|FAMOUS HAT AND GLOVE—A hat and sequined glove once belonging to Michael Jackson are displayed at the Motown Historical Museum at Hitsville U.S.A. in Detroit, June 21.
Museum chief curator Lina Stephens says the exhibit celebrates the life of Jackson and acknowledges the Jackson 5’s “contribution to the Motown story.” Jackson died June 25, 2009.
Stephens says the exhibit will be open through October. Museum summer hours are Mondays-Saturdays from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)