- Alvarez's two monster blasts power Pirates over Brewers 5-2 - 2013-05-25
- Youth, 16, charged in slaying of teen Rankin girl, second suspect sought - 2013-05-25
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch - 2013-05-25
- Michelle Obama and Kerry Washington promote arts education at D.C. school - 2013-05-25
- Md. hatchet murder suspect is son of Bush White House official - 2013-05-25
Pastor’s son: Mom’s funeral is time for God’s word
Created on Thursday, 03 September 2009 16:01 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:19 Published on Thursday, 03 September 2009 16:01 Written by Associated Press Hits: 2018
Services for 61-year-old Carol Daniels were held Aug. 31. in Oklahoma City. Daniels’ mutilated body was discovered Aug. 23 at her small Pentecostal church in Anadarko.
Investigators say her body was moved into an unnatural position after she was killed. Also, a preliminary autopsy report shows she suffered multiple gashes to her neck and chest.
Alvin Daniels told KOCO-TV that all his mother wanted to do was preach about God. She drove 60 miles every week to Anadarko to hold services.
No arrests have been made in her killing.
(Information from: KOCO-TV, http://www.koco.com)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)