- Man pleads not guilty in NYC hate-crime shooting - 2013-06-19
- With Samsung, Jay-Z's business continues to boom - 2013-06-19
- Lopez makes debut as Playboy Jazz Festival host replacing Cosby - 2013-06-18
- Major League Baseball Standings - 2013-06-18
- Metro Briefs: Dowd resigning from City Coucil to join nonprofit - 2013-06-18
Campbell raises money for Haiti
Created on Wednesday, 24 February 2010 11:14 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:20 Published on Wednesday, 24 February 2010 11:14 Written by Associated Press Hits: 954
LONDON (AP)—Model Naomi Campbell hosted a charity gala Feb. 18 on the eve of London Fashion Week to raise money for mothers and babies in Haiti. The “Fashion for Relief” show featured models from fashion, music, film and TV, and designs by Vivienne Westwood, Dolce & Gabbana and others.
The relief effort also includes proceeds from the auction of eight special edition Lotus cars donated by the carmaker. One was auctioned at the gala. The others will be auctioned online, with bidding open until Feb. 28.
Campbell told The Associated Press Feb. 16 that money for Haiti is desperately needed after the earthquake devastated much of the country. She says money raised will be used for equipment, medicine and training and to help deliver babies safely.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)