- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
Created on Thursday, 17 January 2013 10:19 Last Updated on Thursday, 17 January 2013 10:19 Published on Thursday, 17 January 2013 10:19 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 995
A group of Alumni with private investors will be among several other bidders trying to purchase the Schenley High School building. All bids are due to the school district by Jan. 18. The number of bidders and amounts are not yet known.
The group of alumni and private investors plan to remodel and open a new charter or private school and would like to rename the School: The Andy Warhol School of Visual and Performing Arts.
Schenley High School has a tradition of more than 90 years of academic and artistic excellence producing notable alumni such as Andy Warhol, George Benson, Liz Berlin, and Bill Nunn Sr., Jr., and II. It won more city and state basketball championships than any other city school during the past 40 years.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!