- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
Created on Thursday, 03 December 2009 15:50 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:19 Published on Thursday, 03 December 2009 15:50 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 2640
The Westinghouse Wall of Fame was started 13 years ago. Valeria Williams and John Brewer were the founders. The purpose of the Wall of Fame is to illustrate positive images of former Westinghouse High students throughout the school’s history who have had a positive impact on the local, national or international scene.
The Wall of Fame currently has 190 name that are on display at the high school and the Homewood Coliseum. They currently induct between 15 and 18 people every two years. When they were originally inducted they had a program every year. However, the committee decided to change to a two-year program.
The event is organized by members. The members are all volunteers with a wide range of backgrounds. The scholarship fund comes from an all- class reunion presented every year the day after Thanksgiving. Funds are donated to NEED and the members contribute to the school every year depending on student needs.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!