- Heritage, Symphony partner to provide classical music experience to Braddock children - 2013-06-19
- Conflicting opinions opens affirmative action in med school admissions debate - 2013-06-19
- This Week In Black History - 2013-06-19
- CeeLo and Goodie Mob introduce 'Elevate Young Black Voices' contest winners at finale concert - 2013-06-19
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
Created on Thursday, 03 December 2009 15:40 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:19 Published on Thursday, 03 December 2009 15:40 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 1347
DEC. 3—The Carnegie Museum of Art will host a Christmas Tree Party from 5:30-8 p.m. at 4400 Forbes Ave., Oakland. This annual tradition was started by the women’s committee of Carnegie Museum of Art. The holiday trees are themed in celebration of the re-opening of Bruce Galleries titled “Useful Beauty: Celebrating the Decorative Arts.” There will be music, cocktails and food. For more information, call 412-688-8690.
DEC. 5—The Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area will host a Holiday Artist Market from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Pump House, 880 E Waterfront Dr., Munhall. The market will feature locally made, one of a kind functional and decorative ethnic crafts and food. There will be metalwork, African fiber-arts, Bulgarian pottery, Native American beadwork and more. There will also be free tours given at 12 p.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. For more information, call Julie Throckmorton-Meunier at 412-464-4020, ext 45.
Rib dinner fundraiser
DEC. 6—The American Legion Walter Robinson Post 450 will host the Barbeque Rib Dinners Veteran Fundraiser at 12 p.m. at 20 Chadwick, Sewickley. The fundraiser is to continue efforts for the veterans of western Pennsylvania. The dinners will include ribs, two sides and a dinner roll. The cost is $10. For more information, call 412-741-9928.
DEC. 6—Magical Hair Association & LMN Productions will host an Oldies Dance and Senior Citizens Hair Show from 7-9 p.m. at the Booker T. Washington Lodge No. 218, 1127 Walnut St., McKeesport. For more information, call Reta Wallace at 412-673-0333.
DEC. 9—A For the People Insurance Agency Inc. will host an Insurance Training Institute at 2514 Wylie Ave., Hill District. They will offer a four-day intensive training for people interested in selling insurance. The course will run through Dec. 12. Registration is required. For more information, call 412-621-5581 or visit www.aforthepeople.com.
ONGOING—The Dinwiddie Community Alliance will host a Food Drive from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. at the James F. Henry Hill House Center lobby, 1835 Centre Ave., Hill District. They are collecting non-perishable food products, paper products and hygiene items for the Jubilee Kitchen. Items will be collected through Nov. 23. For more information, call 412-471-7709
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)