- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
Created on Thursday, 12 November 2009 12:33 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:19 Published on Thursday, 12 November 2009 12:33 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 2221
She is survived by her son, Byron; daughter, Kimberly; grandchildren, Inaya and Jiya; brother, Julius; and a host of aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.
DR. CYNTHIA AYERS
Ayers was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Sept. 10, 1942. She was the daughter of Zenobia (Faulk) and Julius Keller.
She moved to Pittsburgh with her husband, completing her internal medicine residency at Mercy Hospital in and began her career as a physician focusing on internal medicine at Mercy Hospital. In addition to her work at Mercy, Ayers worked as the corporate physician for AT&T and ran the diagnostic dilemma clinic at the Alma Illery Medical Center.
She was an active member of Mount Ararat Baptist Church.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!