- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
Created on Wednesday, 27 January 2010 12:31 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:20 Published on Wednesday, 27 January 2010 12:31 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 4996
Former KDKA-TV Anchor and reporter John Cater has died at 32. He passed away Jan. 19 at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, where he was a reporter for WGCL-TV. His mother, Gloria Randolph, said that he became sick after returning home from a recent trip to South Africa. Cater joined the KDKA-TV news team in 2004 and was part of the first morning anchor team on UPN, which later became Pittsburgh’s CW. He left KDKA in December of 2007.
A native of Chicago, Cater was laid to rest there. No information was given as to the cause of death. Condolences can be sent to: Gloria Randolph, 2906 Buttonwood Walk, Hazel Crest, Ill. 60429.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!