Created on Friday, 15 February 2013 10:04 Last Updated on Friday, 15 February 2013 18:17 Published on Saturday, 16 February 2013 06:00 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 886
Anthony Robins, PhD., has been named director of programs and research for Uzuri, a Research Think Tank on African American Educational Success at Robert Morris University.
Robins is a psychiatric epidemiologist who has engaged in public health research for nearly 20 years.
Most recently, he was public health advisor and director of federal, state, and foundation programs and compliance at the Woodland Hills School District.
His work at RMU will include isolating the factors shared by successful Black men and determining how to foster those traits throughout the African-American community. Uzuri is funded through The Heinz Endowments.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete (2)
- Sergio Garcia will pay dearly for Tiger remarks (1)
- Detroit's emergency manager takes on critics in candid interview about city’s future (1)