- Rehabilitation or Demolition: Which Path for Homewood and Hill District Community Development? - 2013-05-25
- Share your money before you die - 2013-05-23
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete - 2013-05-23
- This Week In Black History 5-22-13 - 2013-05-23
- Editorial...Justice served in Philly abortion doctor verdict - 2013-05-23
Along with poets Jane Hirshfield and Arthur Sze, also inducted this year, Derricotte joins an illustrious Board of 15 whose members advocate for the programmatic work of the Academy, elect the recipients of some of the Academy’s awards, and serve as ambassadors of poetry to the world at large.
New Chancellors are elected by the current Board of Chancellors and serve a term of six years.
Founded in 1996 by Derricotte and Cornelius Eady to remedy the under-representation and isolation of African-American poets in MFA programs and writing workshops, Cave Canem is a home for the many voices of Black poetry and is committed to cultivating the artistic and professional growth of African-American poets.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!