Boogie worked for Sheridan Broadcasting for 13 years.
WAMO 100.1FM and 660AM, Pittsburgh’s Home for Hip-Hop and Hottest Hits is owned and operated by Martz Communications. General Manager Laura Varner Norman said, “We are excited to have DJ Boogie back on the airwaves and serving as the program director for WAMO100. Boogie is a seasoned professional, a talented on-air personality and an individual who has a complete understanding of the music industry and how it works. DJ Boogie, although a local talent, is known nationally and is respected for his contribution to urban music in Pittsburgh.”
DJ Boogie says he wants to focus on providing the WAMO100 audience with the music and entertainment that they want and have been asking for since the station began broadcasting in June 2011. “The name is the same, but the game has changed,” said DJ Boogie.
“Instead of just playing hip-hop and R&B, we will also focus on playing the best of today’s hits reflecting the music variety of our audience.”
DJ Boogie is originally from New York, but has been in Pittsburgh for more than 10 years.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete (2)
- Sergio Garcia will pay dearly for Tiger remarks (1)
- Detroit's emergency manager takes on critics in candid interview about city’s future (1)
- High court poised to upend civil rights policies (1)
- Butler: What Obama must say to African-American grads (2)