My first stop was at Young Brother’s Bar on the North side, where karaoke was in full effect with DJ XMAN on the 1’s and 2’s and the owner Jamie Younger was the host of the event.
|Richard and R&B singer Dell Saunders chillin’ at Young Brother’s Bar on the North Side.
My next stop was at the Lemington Community Services on Lincoln Avenue, where Grace Dixon-Kizzie, executive director, hosted a community forum addressing community issues and needs. In addition they also held a line dance for the residents in the community.
|Stashia Barnaba hangin’ out with her mom, the legendary DJ Tracey Lee, at the Galaxy Lounge and Entertainment Center in Homewood.
My next stop was at Galaxy Lounge and Entertainment Center, where Mighty Man’s cousin “Che” retired from the United States Navy and the family threw a party in his honor.
My final destination was at the Kelly-Strayhorn Theater in East Liberty, where Teresa Hawthorne & Create-S-Team Academy of Music and Theatre presented an event called “A Tribute to Aretha Franklin” featuring local artists from Pittsburgh.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete (2)
- Sergio Garcia will pay dearly for Tiger remarks (1)
- Detroit's emergency manager takes on critics in candid interview about city’s future (1)