- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
CJ’s Restaurant & Lounge presents “The Roger Humphries & RH Factor Jazz Jam Session” at 8 p.m. at 2901-2911 Penn Ave., Strip District. There will be live jazz and fun every Thursday night. Must be 30 years or older and there is a dress code that will be enforced. No tennis shoes, sweats, or athletic gear. For more information, call 412-642-2377.
The Heinz Endowment, The Multicultural Arts Initiative and The Pittsburgh Foundation present The Nego Gato African Brazilian Band at 8 p.m. at the Union Project, 801 N. Negley Ave., East Liberty. The band features a mix of American jazz styles mixed with a background of traditional African Brazilian rhythms of samba, ijexa, reggae and samba Afro. The cost of admission is $15. For more information, call 412-201-4546 or visit www.negogato.org.
Sunday night jazz
The Pittsburgh Jazz Society presents The Sunday Night Jazz Concerts from 7-10 p.m. at the Rhythm House Café, 3029 Washington Pike, Bridgeville. The featured entertainer will be The Boilermaker Band and DUQ’s Tony Mowod will be the host. For more information, call 412-221-5010 or visit www.pittsburghjazz.org.
AVA Lounge presents a Weekly Live Jazz/Jam Session with The Interval Trio & Friends at 9 p.m. at 126 S. Highland Ave., East Liberty. Every Monday jazz fans can enjoy great music from some of the best musicians. DJ J. Malls will be spinning the vinyl. Must be 21 years or older. There is no cover. For more information, visit www.shadowlounge.net.
The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust Education & Community Engagement presents JazzLive from 5-11 p.m. at Backstage Bar at Theater Square, 655 Penn Ave., Cultural District. Every Tuesday some of Pittsburgh’s most talented jazz musicians will perform. This week’s performer will be James Moore. For more information, call 412-456-6666 or visit www.pgharts.org.
Jazz Workshop Inc. Family Night presents their Black History Month Music Celebration from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Carnegie Library Homewood Auditorium, 7101 Hamilton Ave., Homewood. This month’s series is dedicated to the many musical treasures that have been lost. This event is free and open to the public. All are welcome. For more information, call 412-244-0480 or 412-731-3080.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)