Chuck Sanders, owner of Savoy Restaurant, hanging out with Grammy Award winner Mya at the Savoy Dinner Party Series in the Strip District.
This week I visited Franco’s Trattoria in Dormont, 720 Music, Clothing & Café in Lawrenceville, Shadow Lounge in East Liberty, Tim’s Bar in the Hill District and Savoy Restaurant in the Strip District.
My first stop was at Franco’s Trattoria in Dormont, where my Uncle Norvell “Newdy” Hyatt celebrated his 75th birthday in grand style with family and friends. It was a surprise party with great food and memories.
My next stop was at 720 Music, Clothing & Café in Lawrenceville, where national recording artist Erik Rico performed live for many of his fans with DJ Nate Da Phat Barber as the host.
My next stop was at the Shadow Lounge in East Liberty where DJ Big Phil was spinning the latest hits on the 1’s and 2’s for the crowd.
My next stop was at Tim’s Bar in the Hill District where everyone came out to get their party and drink on for the weekend.
My final destination was at Savoy Restaurant in the Strip District where fans joined Grammy Award winning artist Mya at the Savoy Dinner Party Series for dinner and a live performance.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)