My first stop was at the Westin Hotel where the Urban League of Pittsburgh held its annual Ron Brown Awards. Everyone from Esther Bush to Rod Doss of the New Pittsburgh Courier was in attendance and it was a great event for all who came out.
|John Jackson III and the crew at CJ’s in the Strip District.
My next stop was Billy’s Gold Door in Homewood where the neighborhood came out to celebrate the life-going of Cookie Miller. It was great to meet her and my condolences go out to her family.
|The one and only artist and barber “Pee Wee” kickin’ it at CJ’s in the Strip District.
My next stop was at CJ’s in the Strip District where DJ Nick Nice was on the 1’s and 2’s giving the crowd a great party atmosphere. You should come out to CJ’s every Friday to get your party on and have a great time.
My final destination was at Ace & Deuces Lounges in the Hill District where folks from the neighborhood enjoyed great music and food. I have to shout out Mr. Marvin who knows how to party.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (3)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)
- This Father's Day we celebrate the legacy of TV dads (1)
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity' (1)