- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
GM wins at Urban Wheel Awards
Created on Thursday, 24 January 2013 09:53 Last Updated on Thursday, 24 January 2013 09:53 Published on Thursday, 24 January 2013 09:53 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 485
WINNERS—Crystal Windham, Director of Design and Don Butler, Vice President of Cadillac Marketing, are pictured with the Cadillac ATS which was named Urban Car of the Year.
(RTNS)--The Urban Wheels Awards is an annual event, held during the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, that brings together celebrities, executives, international media, government representatives, and the multicultural community to celebrate diversity and inclusion in the automotive industry.
Consumers in the multicultural market buy one-quarter of new vehicles annually. The Urban Wheel Awards promotes awareness of their contributions to the industry as well as those of companies and individuals who have made progress toward embracing this reality.
General Motors received the following four awards:
1) Executive of the Year – Alicia Boler-Davis, VP Global Quality, VP Customer Experience
2) Woman Designer of the Year – Crystal Windham, Director of Design
3) GM named Company of the Year for Progress in Community Service Initiatives to Women
Vivian Pickard President of GM Foundation & Ken Barrett, General Motors Chief Diversity Officer accepted on behalf of General Motors
4) Urban Car of the Year, Cadillac ATS
Don Butler, Vice President of Cadillac Marketing, accepted on behalf of Cadillac
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!