- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
Created on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 10:02 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:52 Published on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 10:02 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 978
Personal Effectiveness Webinar
AUG. 15—Duquesne University’s School of Leadership and Professional Advancement will host the “Personal Effectiveness Webinar: Creating High Impact Presentations” from 12-1 p.m. The webinar will show how to create impactful presentations to both formal and informal gatherings, and how to present ideas with conviction, control and poise. Registration is required, it is free and login information will be sent to registrants. For more information, call 412-396-5600 or visit www.duq.edu/leadership.
Governmental Contracting Seminar
AUG. 22—The Duquesne University Small Business Development Center will host its “The First Step: Business Start-Up Essentials” from 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. at Rockwell Hall, 600 Forbes Ave., Uptown. This is designed for new business start-ups and entrepreneur. Attendees will learn about business structure and formation, insurance, government and procurement, major components of the business plan and more. Registration is required. For more information, call 412-396-1633 or visit www.duq,edu/sbdc.
AUG. 23—Toshiba Business Solutions will host its Technology Show from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Heinz Field, Art Rooney Dr., North Shore. This is an opportunity for employers to see how to improve their company’s core business processes. There will be lunch and tours of the field, stadium and locker room. Registration is requested by Aug. 17. For more information, call Chris Colaianni at 412-973-6328 or email chris.colaianni@tbs. toshiba.com.
Developing a Business Plan
AUG. 24—The University of Pittsburgh’s Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business & College of Business Administration will host “The Second Step: Developing A Business Plan” from 7:30-10:30 a.m. at 117 Mervis Hall, Oakland. Guests will learn all they need to know about operational and production planning, conducting marketing research and creating financial spreadsheets to attract funding one’s business. Registration is required. For more information, call 412-621542 or visit www.ieekatz.pitt.edu.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)
- Cleveland’s Charles Ramsey—hood or hero? (2)
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community (1)