- Rehabilitation or Demolition: Which Path for Homewood and Hill District Community Development? - 2013-05-25
- Share your money before you die - 2013-05-23
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete - 2013-05-23
- This Week In Black History 5-22-13 - 2013-05-23
- Editorial...Justice served in Philly abortion doctor verdict - 2013-05-23
PA minority and women tech conference rescheduled
Created on Thursday, 05 November 2009 10:39 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:19 Published on Thursday, 05 November 2009 10:39 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 1763
The conference is planned to deliver valuable information and access to solid contract opportunities in the areas of information technology, enviro-technology, nano-technology and biotechnology. Participants will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with key state agencies that have significant budgets for procuring technology services and prime contractors participating in state tech initiatives. Participating agencies and prime contractors include the Bureau of Minority and Women Business Opportunities; Computer Aid Inc.; CGI; Diverse Technologies Corp.; CGI; the Pennsylvania Departments of Health, Environmental Protection, Public Welfare, Labor & Industry and Education among others. Additional information will be provided on accessing contracts through the broadband technology stimulus funding.
The conference also will provide participants with step-by-step instructions on being qualified by the Governor’s Office of Information Technology and certified by the Department of General Services’ Minority Business Enterprise/Women’s Business Enterprise Programs, which are both necessary before businesses can be awarded contracts on state technology initiatives.
Partners include the Enterprise Center and the Pennsylvania Minority Business Enterprise Center that have been contracted by the U.S. Department of Commerce to establish the Pennsylvania MBEC American Recovery and Reinvestment Act Advocacy and Outreach Initiative to promote minority business participation in the economic recovery of the United States. Representatives from the initiative will provide information about federal, state and local contracting and grant opportunities available under the ARRA.
The conference is being supported by Comcast, Logistics Management Consultants, Inc., LINKTECH, Inc. and the Enterprise Center.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)