- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
Created on Thursday, 11 February 2010 11:20 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:20 Published on Thursday, 11 February 2010 11:20 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 848
Get rid of the clutter
FEB. 10—Dress for Success will host their Workshop Series from 12:30-1:30 p.m. at their Career Center, Warner Center, 332 Fifth Ave., Downtown. As a part of the opening of their new center, every Wednesday there will be a workshop that covers topics such as “Basic Job Search Skills,” “Resume and Cover Letter Writing,” “Internet Basics and Online Job Searches” and “Mock Interviews and Tips.” Each workshop will begin with an informational session and follow with hands-on approaches. It is free of charge and open to all women. For more information, call 412-201-4204.
FEB. 11—Jessica Lee will host “Entrepreneurial Thursdays” from 5:30-8 p.m. at Little E’s, 949 Liberty Ave., Downtown. This week’s theme is “Entrepreneurial Couples-Happy Valentine’s Day Show.” This is a professional networking event with live jazz/ R&B music. There is a $10 cover charge with a full bar and dinner selections. Business casual is the attire. No jeans or tennis shoes. For more information, call Sandy Marshall at 412-802-6780 or visit www.jessicaleesong.com.
FEB. 11-The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh will host their Business Program Series from 12:15-1 p.m. at the Downtown & Business branch, 612 Smithfield St., Downtown. The topic is “How to File Your Taxes Online.” Diana Smith, Tax Specialist for the Internal Revenue Service, will demonstrate how to file one’s taxes online using an IRS e-file provider. This method offers many advantages, including minimizing the possibility of errors and the ability to receive one’s refund within two weeks by having it directly deposited into their checking or savings account. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 412-281-7141.
Certification & Contracting Workshop
FEB. 24—The U.S. Small Business Administration will host an 8(a) and HUBZone Certification & Contracting workshop from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at The Riverside Center for Innovation, 700 River Ave., 1st floor Conference Room, North Side. It is free to the public. MBE/WBE and Veteran-owned businesses are encouraged to attend. Registration is requested. For more information, call Marisa Fentzel at 412-395-6560 ext. 109.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding (2)
- Fifth annual National Achievers Society inductions (2)
- Breast cancer survivor group targets young Black women (1)
- Wes Moore replaces Dr. Ben Carson as Johns Hopkins commencement speaker (3)
- Record Powerball jackpot inspires office pools (2)