The network announced the suspension Thursday, a day after Parker apologized for comments he made during a Dec. 13 episode of "First Take".
Posting to Twitter, Parker said, "I blew it and I'm sincerely sorry. I completely understand how the issue of race in sports is a sensitive one and needs to be handled with great care."
Parker, who is Black, was discussing Griffin's role as an African-American quarterback when he noted that Griffin has a White fiancé and is rumored to be a Republican.
Among his comments, Parker said, "Is he a brother or a cornball brother?"
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)